Discard & Donation
Our Discard & Donate service helps employees declutter and remove items prior to their shipment. This helps employees reduce stress and save time!
Relocation Remedies helps remove items from employee’s homes that will not be needed at their new destination. These are typically items that have limited use their new destination, they don’t know what to do with, or could simply benefit their local community. Useful items will be donated to charity on the employees behalf. Items that are donated to charity may be eligible for a charitable tax deduction. Goods unable to be donated will be taken to the appropriate waste removal site.
As employees prepare for their household goods shipment this may be a great opportunity to organize and prioritize their belongings.
Benefits of Discard & Donate:
- Eliminates the stress of large household goods shipments and items employees are unsure of what to do with
- Employees can leave a positive impact on the community they’ve lived in by providing much-needed goods to their local charities where they will be repurposed instead of ending up in a landfill.
- Reduce the negative environmental impact of the move by saving cardboard, packing material, and fuel.
How this Service Works:
- A professional organizer can assist with preparing items for removal if required
- Should items already be prepared for removal, we can simply arrange for a pickup
- Removal should be scheduled prior to the van line survey
- Typical removal takes between 30 mins. & up to 2 hours depending on the number & nature of items
“Mrs. raved on the services – thank you!”